Do you have a knack for organization and an eye for detail? A passion for architecture and design? The Utah Center for Architecture is looking for a Treasurer and we want you!
UCFA Mission: The Utah Center for Architecture seeks to educate the public about the power of the built environment to shape our lives, communities, and culture. Check out our website to see more of what we do – utahcfa.org
UCFA Programs and Services:
- Educating Elementary Children Through Architecture (EECTA)
- Elizabeth Mitchell Travel Grant (EMTG)
- Utah Architect’s Project (UAP)
- Architecture and design events and awareness
The Treasurer will be responsible for:
- Overseeing UCFA’s finances and donations.
- Developing and monitoring systems/controls for reporting income/expenses during the year.
- Setting a budget with the Board and making recommendations on budget changes during the year.
- Reporting the status of the budget to the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Working with an accountant for taxes each year.
- Registering the organization with the state each year.
- Notifying the President of PayPal donations for thank-yous.
The Treasurer is a volunteer position and is a member of UCFA’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee. They are expected to attend one Board meeting each month (approx. 1 hour), one Executive Committee meeting each month (approx. 1 hour), and participate in UCFA planning (approx. 4 hours/month). All board member positions are a 3-year commitment.
If you’re interested in the position, email Hoku Ching (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a short description of your interest and related experience.