Results for 'scott-and-louie'« Back to Last Page
« Go to Search Page
Scott and Louie — 1959-1966
“Scott, Louie & Browning, Architects and Engineers was established in 1959, an outgrowth of the original organization founded by Walt Scott’s father in 1914. That year, Carl Scott joined George Welch to form the firm of Scott & Welch (1914-1940). Subsequently, there emerged the firm of Scott & Beecher (1947-1959). The principals in that firm were Carl Scott, Harold K. Beecher and C. Walter Scott.
With the passing of Carl W. Scott in May 1959, C. Walter Scott, P.E., and William W. Louie, AIA, combined to form Scott and Louie, with William Browning as associate. The firm expanded to Scott, Louie and Browning, Architects & Engineers in 1966.”
 Correspondence from William W. Louie to Karl To. Haglund on July 18, 1979 in the folder “Correspondence, 1978-1980,” from the Scott, Louie, and Browning Architects Records, circa 1940s-1990s, accn 1564, box 1, folder 1. From the Special Collections and Archives Department at the University of Utah, J. Willard Marriott Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.